Boneless Beef Round Roast
- Oven Roasting: Preheat your oven to a moderate temperature, around 325°F. Season your Beef Round Roast with your preferred blend of herbs, spices, and seasoning. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan, fat side up. Roast for approximately 20 minutes per pound, or until the internal temperature reaches your desired level of doneness. For a juicy result, let the roast rest for a few minutes before slicing.
- Crock Pot: Season your Beef Round Roast with salt, pepper, and any desired spices. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and sear the roast on all sides until browned. Transfer the roast to a crock pot and add your choice of vegetables, such as carrots, onions, and potatoes. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours until the meat is tender and easily pulls apart.
- Instant Pot: Season your Beef Round Roast with salt, pepper, and your preferred spices. Heat the Instant Pot on the sauté function and sear the roast on all sides until browned. Remove the roast and set it aside. Add broth, vegetables, and any desired aromatics to the Instant Pot. Place the roast back in, seal the lid, and pressure cook on high for approximately 20-25 minutes per pound. Allow for a natural release or quick release, depending on your preference.
- Classic Sunday Roast: Roast your Beef Round Roast in the oven, serving it with traditional accompaniments such as roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, and a rich gravy made from the pan drippings. Add a touch of horseradish cream sauce or mustard for an extra kick of flavor.
- Shredded Beef Tacos: Slow cook your Boneless Beef Round Roast in a crock pot or Instant Pot until it becomes tender and easily shreds. Season it with taco seasoning and serve it in warm tortillas with your favorite toppings such as salsa, guacamole, shredded cheese, and fresh cilantro.
- Pot Roast with Root Vegetables: Utilize the crock pot or Instant Pot cooking method to create a comforting pot roast. Add carrots, potatoes, onions, and other root vegetables to the cooking vessel along with the roast. The result will be a hearty and flavorful one-pot meal that is perfect for colder days.
Traditional Culinary Uses:
- The Beef Round Roast, being a lean and boneless cut, is often used for traditional dishes like roast beef sandwiches, beef stroganoff, beef bourguignon, or thinly sliced for roast beef platters. Its versatility shines through as it can be sliced for deli-style cold cuts or slow-cooked for tender and juicy shredded beef.